2 x Vinyl
Internationally-renowned British singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé announces her forthcoming album Let’s
Say For Instance, released Friday, 6 May via Chrysalis Records.
Her first release on an independent label, Let’s Say For Instance marks a new era of Emeli’s expansive artistry after a decade on stage and on the airwaves. Exploring new sonic territory through shades of classical, disco, nostalgic R&B and more, it sees Emeli freeing herself from the expectations of others, flexing her holistic skills as a songwriter, producer and vocalist in new, versatile ways. In her words: “‘an ode to resilience, rebirth, and renewal”. The album
features current hit single ‘Brighter Days’, alongside previous singles ‘Look What You’ve Done’ and ‘Family’.
Let’s Say For Instance tracklisting
- Look What You’ve Done (feat. Jaykae)
- July 25th
- My Pleasure
- There Isn’t Much
- September 8th
- Look In Your Eyes
- Ready To Love
- Wait For Me
- Another One
- Yes You Can
- Brighter Days
- Super Human
- World Go Round
Emeli Sandé is one of Britain’s most successful living songwriters. Her debut album Our Version of Events, which
sold over 5.4 million copies to date, was the biggest selling album in the UK of 2012 and the second biggest selling of
2013, and is certified platinum eight times in the UK and Ireland. Emeli followed it with critically acclaimed Long Live
The Angels in 2016, the Kingdom Coming EP in 2017 and Real Life in 2019. With 19 million singles sold including 3 x
UK No. 1 singles, 6 million albums and four BRIT awards (including Best Female twice), Emeli received an MBE for
Services to Music in 2018 and in July 2019 she became the University of Sunderland’s Chancellor. In between her
own records, she has recently collaborated with UK rap and grime giants, including Bugzy Malone’s ‘Welcome to the
Hood’ and Ghett’s ‘Sonya’, featured on his Mercury Prize-nominated record Conflict of Interest. Other collaborations
that span Emeli’s career include Kendrick Lamar, Giggs, Loski, Wretch 32, Wiley, Jools Holland, Nile Rodgers and
- Introduced to the world ten years ago, Emeli Sandé MBE has become an icon of British singer-songwriting; emotional, honest, and prolific in the kind of manner that cements you as a go-to artist for heartfelt pop sensibility.
- In 2021, it’s time for a reintroduction. Newly signed to independent label Chrysalis Records, Sandé has freed herself from the expectations of others in order to make an album of expansive creativity, flexing her holistic skills as a songwriter, producer and vocalist in new, versatile ways. Something of an artistic rebirth, it draws on old familiarities and brave beginnings, uniting fans old and new in her endless drive to use music as a tool for inspirational lift.
- European tour confirmed for Summer 2022
- “Heavenly singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé returns with a shiny, multifarious, bursting new sound” - Notion
- “Sandé’s new music displays this range of freedom not just as a songwriter, producer and vocalist but in terms of personal triumphs.” - Billboard