Like tributaries feeding a mighty river, the blues encompasses myriad genres and artists – no two alike – but all comprising a powerful current that flows through the rich history of contemporary music itself. Tell Everybody! (21st Century Juke Joint Blues From Easy Eye Sound), a compilation of new recordings from across the blues spectrum, is a payment of respect and admiration for the musicians carrying this American tradition into this century and beyond.
The album features artists all recorded at Dan Auerbach's Easy Eye Sound studio in Nashville and includes new recordings from Auerbach himself, as well as modern titans The Black Keys. From Grammy®-nominated blues artists RL Boyce and Jimmy "Duck" Holmes, to lost gems by the departed Leo "Bud" Welch and the storied Ohio guitar legend Glenn Schwartz, to new voices of the blues like Nat Myers, Gabe Carter, and Moonrisers, this compilation is a remarkable journey in 12 songs, a stunning perspective on an artform whose legacy is living and breathing in modern music.
- Coal Black Mattie - RL Boyce
- Tell Everybody - Robert Finley
- Tall Shadow - Moonrisers
- Every Chance I Get (I Want You in the Flesh) - Dan Auerbach
- Catfish Blues (Mono) - Jimmy "Duck" Holmes
- Anything You Need - Gabe Carter
- Willow Witchin' - Nat Myers
- Don't Let the Devil Ride (Mono) - Leo Bud Welch
- No Lovin' - The Black Keys
- Daughter of Zion (Featuring Joe Walsh) - Glenn Schwartz
- Buffalo Road - Gabe Carter
- Collinwood Fire - Glenn Schwartz